The Adult members of ARBC aged 50 and above have organized into groups who work in partnership to meet the needs of all persons, regardless of age, in ministry, fellowship and activities. Our purpose is:
• To meet the spiritual needs of all people in our church and community.
• To provide activities and fellowship for our Adults.
• To care for, minister to, and assist any Senior Adult in our community.
• To work with other ministries at ARBC and provide volunteers to serve.
Our ministry (service) group is called HEARTS TO SERVE. The activities (social) group is called YOUNG AT HEART.
HEARTS TO SERVE MINISTRIES:
• English as a Second Language – Classes in conversational English are taught Sunday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., September through May. Bonita Smith leads this ministry.
• Reading to Students at Annistown Elementary School - Norma Matthews is the contact person for this ministry.
• Southeast Gwinnett Cooperative Ministry Food and Clothing Collections – As a supporter of this ministry, twice a year ARBC holds drives to collect food and clothing for the needy in our community. Russ Everson heads up this ministry.
• Operation Christmas Child – The Young at Heart group fills boxes in October and November to provide Christmas for needy children throughout the world. Joel Davis leads this ministry.
• Nursing Home Ministry – Louise Fawcett heads up the group of volunteers who visit New London Health Center on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month to sing and bring a devotion to the residents there.
• Summer School Transportation for Annistown Elementary School – During the summer school session volunteers help to shuttle children whose parents are unable to provide transportation to and from school. Joel Davis oversees this ministry.
• Tutoring Ministry – Karen and Dixon Nabors lead the group of volunteer tutors who help children from the community with their school work on Monday nights from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., September through May.
• Card Ministry – Cynthia Grant and her team of volunteers send cards throughout the year to nursing home residents and other special groups.
College Student Card Ministry – Members of the Young at Heart group mail cards to ARBC’s college students monthly. Norma Matthews and Wilda Thompson lead this ministry.
Young at Heart Leadership (Activities)
Barbara Aiken Alma Diamond
Joel Davis Wilda Thompson
Pauline Edwards Norma Matthews
Sam & Florence Hill
YOUNG AT HEART ACTIVITIES:
Monthly Day Trips, Fellowship/Dinner Meetings and Weekend Retreats – Adults love to have fun together! Monthly activities and day trips are planned to enhance the friendships within our group. Joel Davis leads the Young at Heart.
Doll Making – Our Senior Adults have proven that you never get too old to serve the Lord! Our group has touched the lives of many small children at Egleston Hospital through the dolls that they make, which are used by the doctors to explain treatment procedures to the children. Alma Diamond and Wilma Davis head up this group which meet the 3rd Thursday of each month from September through May to work on the dolls and share a covered dish lunch.
Quilt Making – This group meets the same day the Doll Makers meet. Marilyn Bentley and Jannie Gilbert lead this group.
Questions or comments? Email email@example.com